Bassoonist. Pianist. Educator.
- It is imperative to your development as a musician to hear music performed by the highest caliber musicians.
- The more professional, characteristic bassoon tones that you hear, the more you will develop a concept and understanding of your own tone and how it needs to be improved upon.
- It is important to expand your knowledge of classical music beyond that which you encounter in your school. Classical music is an extremely broad genre and if you don't listen to anything outside what you're playing in your school band and orchestra, you won't even scratch .0001% of the music that is out there waiting to be heard! (I really don't believe that to be an exaggeration.)
- Music helps us to grow as humans to be a better member of society. It evokes passion, invokes emotions, and should provoke you to make a difference. This is cheesy, I know, but so is pizza... and pizza is good.
- There have been numerous scientific publications proving classical music's benefits to us in regards to our blood pressure, anxiety, insomnia, and mental stimulation.